PreviousNext Technical Director, Kim Pepper explains how to effectively manage site deployment and take control of your releases using Capistrano.
Are you still using FTP to deploy changes to your sites?Kim Pepper explains how to effectively manage deployment using Capistrano.
When you run the one-line deploy command you get:
- Automatic database backup
- Pull in changes from a git repository
- Automatic 'update db' call
- Automatic cache flush
- Ability to roll back releases
- Support for mulitple servers, including separate varnish, app and db servers