Aegir is a hosting system for managing rapid, automated provisioning and ongoing maintenance (upgrades, cloning, destroying) of Drupal sites. Aegir itself is made of Drupal - it consists of a Drupal frontend 'control panel' and a ‘backend’, which makes extensive use of Drush.
Here PreviousNext System Administrator Miguel Jacq explains:
- The basics of using Aegir
- How to upgrade your site(s)
- How to go berserk with step 2 using automated tools such as Jenkins, Git and Fabric
- How to extend Aegir itself with basic add-ons / an overview of the current Aegir contrib space
- A quick roadmap overview of where Aegir is and where it's going