PreviousNext are looking for experienced SysOps Engineers to join our Skpr hosting team.
In order to apply, you must have:
- Excellent communication skills - able to liaise with developers, clients and non-technical people in both written and oral forms
- A high degree of self-discipline and professionalism in updating tasks, communicating with the team, and logging time spent
- 5+ years experience hosting applications in a cloud based environment
- A passion for automation and continuously improving developer workflows
- Experience working in a team environment
The following are desirable:
- AWS certification
- Kubernetes Administration certification
- Experience with the Go programming language
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Experience with Scrum and other agile methodologies
- Demonstrated contributor to one or more open source projects
- Active in the development community, blogging, presenting at meet-ups and conferences, etc.
We are a highly distributed Australian company so the candidate can be located anywhere in Australia.
We will only consider applicants located in Australia and available during Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST; UTC+10:00) business hours when necessary.
PreviousNext is a mature company that's been running for almost a decade since early 2009. Our company co-founders each have over 25 years web industry experience and our team is comprised of very experienced designers and developers averaging 10 years industry experience. This results in a very stable and profitable company that can invest in our staff's professional development and ensures a strong focus on work life balance. This includes some of the following benefits:
- Staff have a high degree of autonomy to self manage their output by defining their working hours and office location. This may include starting late after dropping the kids at school, working a proportion or all of your time from your home office or working extra hours one week to take a long weekend the next.
- You're working alongside seasoned professionals willing to share their experience and collaborate on providing the best possible solutions for our clients.
- Many of our staff are already parents or are planning their own families, so we have comprehensive approaches for parental leave and flexibility around structuring roles to accommodate individual family circumstances.
- All staff are eligible to participate in a company wide profit share scheme after 1 year of tenure.
- Staff with more than 5 years tenure are eligible for a month of Early Long Service Leave.
- Up to 5% on top of your salary can be budgeted for professional training and conference attendance and we have a very active program to encourage staff to talk at conferences themselves.
- Up to 20% of your paid hours can be directed to open source code contribution or other community related activities.
- All staff receive an allowance to buy your own equipment under a salary sacrifice model. This means that everyone works on their preferred computer spec and can deck out their home offices with great furniture and accessories.
- Your ongoing health is of paramount importance to us and everyone receives an annual allowance to help pay for gym or sport team memberships, yoga classes and other wellbeing programs of their choice.
Commensurate with experience
If you think you have what it takes, apply for this position using our job application form.